Join us on August 12 from 10am-3pm to tour the best urban farms in West Seattle, White Center, and Burien! Get inspired and meet an incredible community of urban farmers.
Step behind-the-scenes and see examples of edible landscaping, vertical gardens, orchards, container gardens, neighborhood guilds, small space gardens, chicken coops, beekeeping, and more.
This is a self-guided tour - after purchasing your tickets, you'll unlock access to detailed site descriptions for all 15 of the urban farms on the tour. Check out highlights from each site below and then buy your tickets to get started planning your dream tour for this Saturday, August 12.
Tickets are $15 for adults, and children 18 and under are FREE with an adult!
Purchased tickets but our tour email is getting caught in the spam blocker? We hate it when that happens! Want to buy tickets the day of the event? We've got you covered too!
Start at either the North or South check-in point to pick up your wristband and tour guide:
North - Seattle Farm School Garden - 5011 47th Ave SW
South - The Village Green Nursery - 10223 26th Ave SW
cedar raised beds, 24 containers, and three large rolling garden boxes.
9) Buried Treasure Urban Farm - Since 2013, these owners have removed 2,000 pounds of garbage from this land and added 50+ fruit and nut trees, a large chicken coop with more than 20 birds, multiple bee hives, and lots of edible landscaping.
10) The Village Green Nursery - This site is a piece of Seattle history and our tour hub! Don't miss loads of edibles and perennials, a leafcutter bee demo, and a raffle of custom Seattle Farm School jams.
11) Rat City Studios - Come see how pottery and gardening blend as you visit art studios and chat about growing your own food. Plus, there will be face-painting for the kids!
12) Seola Bees - Meet a beekeeper who produces hyper local honey (distinguished by neighborhood), including 4 hives at his West Seattle home.
13) Rake and Make Ranch - In addition to growing loads of storage crops, this home features a sprawling custom chicken coop with two 10-year-old Buff Orpingtons and three one-year-old chickens of various breeds.
14) Fournier Farm - Want to grow food at home, but concerned that you have limited space or poor soil quality? Don’t miss Fournier Farm, where they’ve overcome both of these challenges!
15) Geodesic Steve - Take a stroll through the edible perennial food forest but also see also the ‘maker space’ on site, including woodworking, welding, metal casting, and 3D printing.
1) Dakota Homestead - Meet the volunteers behind this effort to save a 9,000 square foot parcel of land from development. A portion of your ticket cost goes toward helping secure a place for generations of Seattleites to learn about growing food in the city.
2) Terraganics Living - A few fun things you may not see at other stops are sweet potatoes, cinnamon vine, walking onions, lovage and more!
3) The Quick and Easy Garden - A house remodel completed last summer allowed this gardener to build in a custom grape arbor attached to the house, and she anticipates a tableful of grapes this Fall.
4) Seaview Oasis - Are you an aspiring mushroom grower?Join us at this site to learn how to inoculate logs with fungi to grow shiitake and oyster mushrooms.
5) Seattle Farm School Garden - Explore the 150 square feet of raised beds for annual veggies, plus front yard strawberries (which yielded over 30 pounds this year!), blueberries, and raspberries.
6) Happy Bottom Cat Ranch - Come check out the honeybee hive and the water catchment system that captures 1,000 gallons of water for every inch of rain we get!
7) West Seattle Bee Garden - This educational garden includes 4 active honey bee hives in their habitat enclosure, including a frame from one of the hives so you can see inside.
8) Edible Curb Appeal - This sweet spot is a great example of what can be done when your best sun is in the front yard, including 125 square feet of
10% of ticket proceeds will benefit the Urban Homestead Foundation and their Dakota Homestead project in West Seattle - creating a community gathering and learning space based on urban agriculture and homesteading skills!
Prints of the original JoEllen Wang artwork "Chicken Junction" from the 2015 Urban Farm Tour are also available for purchase.