Fall is a great time to get ready for chickens - really! Most folks think Spring is the time to start your flock, but by starting in Fall, hens will be ready to lay in the summer, when the days are long and egg laying is at its best.
Holly Briscoe will teach you everything you need to know to keep a micro-flock of your very own in the city! We will cover:
- Coop set up (what works, what doesn't)
- How to select your breeds (layers vs meat birds)
- Brooder set up and raising chicks from peepers to layers
- Feeding and caring for chickens
- How to be a chicken whisperer (or I have a flock of chickens in my yard, now what?)
- Local resources for supplies
The class also includes a tour of a variety of working chicken set ups in the area. This is a beginners class and all ages are welcome.
Each adult can bring a child with them for free!
All tickets subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Location: Private residence in West Seattle; address will be emailed to you prior to the class.
aturday, October 7 * 10am-12pm